Skip to main content

A boring story about a cake, and a very grown up brother of mine.

My older brother Nathan had a birthday the other day. He told me he wanted twice baked potatoes and a cake with home made frosting. I was all over it, sort of.

I found a recipe for the cake Here and got to work. Everything was going well until i opened the oven and found 2 very strange looking cakes and a pile of cake on the bottom of the oven in a little blob {I was going to post a picture, but since a blob of chocolate cake looks similar to many undesirable things, I think I'll just let you use your imagination on this one}. To make things worse, after they cooled I attempted to pop them out of the cake pans but instead of 2 round cakes i ended up with about 7 smaller country shaped cakes. I'm not sure exactly what went wrong and I was a little discouraged, however, I wasn't going to dissapoint my brother on his birthday so i scrubbed in for a little cake surgery. After pasting some of the chunks together and with a little help from one of my roomates we ended up with this:






Anyways, I would definitely recommend the recipe to any of you who have a sense of adventure and like a good tasting chocolate cake. ( Nathan told me it tasted even better day 2 )
We didn't have any candles so Nathan just made his own with some paper and crayons. Anyways the whole point of this was to tell Nathan Happy Birthday, he really is a great older brother and I'm so lucky to get to be his little sister and annoy him all the time with rants and questions and stupid stories (much like this one)!

Happy 2 and a half decades Pooky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya, You Betcha

My family is spread pretty far apart, I currently have 2 brothers in Utah 1 brother and a sister in law in Ohio, 1 brother in DC, and my parents who live in Minnesota. It's pretty rare to have the whole family home, except at Christmas, but as luck would have it, our whole family came home for one reason or another and we got to spend 3 wonderful days up north together at beautiful lake superior. I love Minnesota for so many reasons, one of my favorite things about the land of lakes, is the lakes! My family and I stayed in a little summer home that was right on lake superior. We ate delicious food, went hiking, canoeing, ate at sven and oles pizza and explored some of the sites that surround the lake. The Lake Superior area, or Up North as we call it, is one of my favorite places. Most people don't realize that the moose chair was invented in Minnesota. Split Rock Lighthouse

Snickerdoodle Blondies

If I had a fancy camera and had any talent in the areas of photography i would have taken an artistic strategic delicious looking picture of these... Obviously that's not my picture. But these are my new best friends Snickerdoodle Blondies. Try this recipe if you like foods that are so delicious that you instantly want to eat them by the pan and possibly consider moving to some distant uninhabited foreign country so you can eat them in peace. (Because trust me, once these come out of the oven, they will disappear.) You can find the recipe here .