Skip to main content

Giving 2008 the boot.

Hello all!

Christmas was wonderful this year! I had the pleasure of hanging out with some of my best buddies in the whole entire world, Nathan Christian and Eric. My other brother and his wonderful wife celebrated Christmas with her family this year, but I'm not bitter... Much.

Anyways, the week of Christmas was filled with inexplicable wonders and joy. Upon coming home my brothers lovingly started desintigrating every christmas cookie in the house, to document their cooking eating they started a cookie count/competition.Nathan won with a whopping 28 cookies, Eric came in a close second with 23 cookies, but to be fair, he did leave a day before Nathan. And finally Christian only counted 6 cookies, however, he destroyed the masses in his own competition:


Christmas eve our family went and rang bells for Salvation Army, except we didn't just ring bells, Eric dressed up as Buddy the Elf and we played various Christmas Carols on beautiful sounding metal pipes. Then after totally rocking at raising money, we went to Naked Willy's Take and Bake pizza to pick up our traditional Christmas Eve dinner of Pizza and Pop. While there we learned that dad really knows how to Shimmy and that its ok to talk to strangers if their dressed like buddy the elf. Finally we went home and ate our pizza while laughing and chattering about various things. Then we ended the night by playing Settlers, Bananagrams, and listening to dad tell us wonderful heart warming stories. Then like good little children we got in our PJ's and went straight to bed... after doing some last minute wrapping of presents and watching the Pursuit of Happyness.

Christmas day was just like every other Christmas in the history of my being, we had breakfast opened stockings, raced eachother to the tree, and then opened all of our presents. Then we took naps and ate and played games and ate some more, and then my mom and brothers built puzzles while I watched the nut cracker on PBS. It was sure a Jolly Christmas

After that we spent our time doing random things, Nathan and I made the creepiest cat stuffed animal on the planet, and our family went to Hu Hot.

After my brothers left all that was left was new years eve, I celebrated with some of my favorite girls from school. We stayed up til midnight and drank sparkling grape juice and attempted to learn Beyonce's single ladies dance while we kicked out year 2008 and welcomed 2009. Then in true sleep over fashion we went in the hot tub for 15 minutes watched mamma mia played wii and went to bed at 430 in the morning.

The final event of Christmas break was the postponed Christmas Ugly Sweater party/White Elephant Extravaganza which was a wonderful time. My friends are glorious people

And now I'm sitting at my computer thinking about how i have to go back to school soon, and I'm procrastinating the homework i have to do. So, i guess its time to sign off.

I hope your New Year is wonderfully happy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Cheesy Little Love Note

Today has been one of those days, BUT... It's really hard to have a bad day when you have a momma like mine! Thanks for the package mom! I {love/miss} you so dang much! -Catherine P.S. Perfect timing...

(insert cheesy graduation quote here)

For my graduation present this year my parents suprised me with a new camera. They gave it to me a week or two early so I could take some pictures of my last days of high school and i never turn down a challenge, so here it goes, i have alot more pictures but that would get boring and old so this, my friends, is a run down of my last 2 weeks as a high school senior. It all started out when the seniors got done with class and finals a week early. We were determined to celebrate while every one else still had to go to school. We started off with a giant water balloon fight. Me Trevor Cameron and Matt (top row) all secretly stole water balloons to explode on people before the picture. I forgot that Ian (middle row far right) has muscles and knows how to punch people, don't worry, I'm a fast runner :) We let em off easy the second time. Here's all my pals (well not all of em, most of em) We had a BBQ/yearbook signing/volleyball game. Ian and Matt made some dang good burgers. M

Ya, You Betcha

My family is spread pretty far apart, I currently have 2 brothers in Utah 1 brother and a sister in law in Ohio, 1 brother in DC, and my parents who live in Minnesota. It's pretty rare to have the whole family home, except at Christmas, but as luck would have it, our whole family came home for one reason or another and we got to spend 3 wonderful days up north together at beautiful lake superior. I love Minnesota for so many reasons, one of my favorite things about the land of lakes, is the lakes! My family and I stayed in a little summer home that was right on lake superior. We ate delicious food, went hiking, canoeing, ate at sven and oles pizza and explored some of the sites that surround the lake. The Lake Superior area, or Up North as we call it, is one of my favorite places. Most people don't realize that the moose chair was invented in Minnesota. Split Rock Lighthouse