Skip to main content

Tis The Season To Be Rolly

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! This weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to pig out not once not twice but three times, and tonight i will get the opportunity to indulge 1 more time. You see, traditionally we have thanksgiving dinner with our good good friends the Beaches, but since we would be in Illinois this year visiting my favorite brothers and my wonderful sister inlaw and "viciously" forgetting and ignoring my two other brothers (http://yeswearestillhere.blogspot.com), the Beaches suggested and requested that we have a special thanksgiving Fat Night on Wednesday night. For those unfamiliar a fat night is the once or twice yearly opportunity to throw everything in the kitchen into a deep fat frier and then eat it. The evening was celebrated with greasy batter fried goodness and the wholesome squeals of joy that can only be created by a game of Bomberman. The next morning at 5 o clock we bustled out the door to head to Nicole's Sister's house where we then particitipated of the American Past time of eating way to much Turkey Stuffing Pie and anything and everything else. The next day was the annual eat all the left overs and crackers and cheese till you look like one of those pot bellied Buddhas. And now im sitting here in the home of our lovely friends the Kays waiting for tonight when we will be celebrating once again with a second fat night. This time accompanied by My family and the Kays and their Family and the Tanners. Oh the joys of feeling like your stomach is going to explode. And now I'm going to figure out how to work my blog, because as most of you can tell, this blog is as techonologically advanced as my wonderful mother who bless her soul has just learned to text.

Comments

  1. Shut up Christian, i totally gave you a shout out! Be greatful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your mother congratulations on her new "texting" skills. I just sent my first text in October. BTW, Laurel found you out and is spreading the word. I added you to my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ya, You Betcha

My family is spread pretty far apart, I currently have 2 brothers in Utah 1 brother and a sister in law in Ohio, 1 brother in DC, and my parents who live in Minnesota. It's pretty rare to have the whole family home, except at Christmas, but as luck would have it, our whole family came home for one reason or another and we got to spend 3 wonderful days up north together at beautiful lake superior. I love Minnesota for so many reasons, one of my favorite things about the land of lakes, is the lakes! My family and I stayed in a little summer home that was right on lake superior. We ate delicious food, went hiking, canoeing, ate at sven and oles pizza and explored some of the sites that surround the lake. The Lake Superior area, or Up North as we call it, is one of my favorite places. Most people don't realize that the moose chair was invented in Minnesota. Split Rock Lighthouse

Snickerdoodle Blondies

If I had a fancy camera and had any talent in the areas of photography i would have taken an artistic strategic delicious looking picture of these... Obviously that's not my picture. But these are my new best friends Snickerdoodle Blondies. Try this recipe if you like foods that are so delicious that you instantly want to eat them by the pan and possibly consider moving to some distant uninhabited foreign country so you can eat them in peace. (Because trust me, once these come out of the oven, they will disappear.) You can find the recipe here .