Skip to main content

Virginia's all relative.

So I haven't done a whole lot of blogging this summer so i have alot of catching up to do, and seeing as I have an excuse to take a break from packing today, I thought I would write a post about my adventure to a little place called Virginia.

A while back I decided it would be fun to spend some time with my new sister in law Nicole and I also wanted to visit my 2 brothers Matthew and Eric, since it seems i dont see them as often as my other 2 brothers. So I started saving and finally i earned enough. My reward was a whole week of virginia fun! Unfortunately i realized half way through the week that I hadnt really taken any pictures, so i will have to vividly describe most of my memories. :)




This is my Amazing brother Matthew and his Beautiful wife Nicole. They were nice enough to let me stay with them even though Matthew was just finishing up some classes and his job and they were about to move to Ohio. It was fun to see the coast side of virginia. Nicole and I spent alot of time at the beach (it was a real beach, which although we have 10,000 lakes here in Minnesota, there aren't really any real beaches), making purses, taking walks, and doing some sort of weird mixture of yoga and stretching while listening to michael jackson. Matthew and nicole and I also went out to eat at some cute little restaurants and they showed me a few of the beautiful sites in Hampton VA. Thanks again for the wonderful weekend Matthew and Nicole.

After Hampton I got to spend the weekend with my other Wonderful brother Eric in the DC area. We saw some fun things. For Example:


This is a portrait of stephen colbert hanging up in the American History museum. It was the only smithsonian we went to while i was there, but it was definitely fun! While there we saw dorothy's ruby red slippers and payed a visit to kermit the frog.



One thing i never got a picture of was the Barbeque festival in downtown DC. Although it wasnt quite what we expected it was still amazing. It was a huge barbeque competition with competitors from all over the country. Plus they were giving away free Nationals hats, which would come in handy later. I would try to describe the abundance of sweet barbequed meat but i dont think i could do it justice. Instead I'll just show you this picture of the random flying ports of potty we saw.


My second favorite thing was the Eastern Market. Eric was patient enough to take me there so i could shop. We had fun watching this little jazz band from New Orleans. We were going to have the famous pancakes but the line was a little long.





My favorite part of the weekend was hanging out with Eric. We went to a Baseball game where i got to wear my new free nationals hat. Unfortunately because i was wearing it i couldnt cheer for the orioles who were doing all the home runs and winning and stuff. But it didnt matter, it was still fun. Also we bought eric a new grill and spent a few hours putting that sucker together. To celebrate we grilled burgers which i may or may not have slightly ruined (sorry eric). It was fun to meet all of erics cool friends and spend a little time in DC. Thanks for the fun weekend Eric!

Comments

  1. How did I miss this post? You are most welcome. It was a lot of fun to have you in our spacious and most accommodating apartment. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Cheesy Little Love Note

Today has been one of those days, BUT... It's really hard to have a bad day when you have a momma like mine! Thanks for the package mom! I {love/miss} you so dang much! -Catherine P.S. Perfect timing...

(insert cheesy graduation quote here)

For my graduation present this year my parents suprised me with a new camera. They gave it to me a week or two early so I could take some pictures of my last days of high school and i never turn down a challenge, so here it goes, i have alot more pictures but that would get boring and old so this, my friends, is a run down of my last 2 weeks as a high school senior. It all started out when the seniors got done with class and finals a week early. We were determined to celebrate while every one else still had to go to school. We started off with a giant water balloon fight. Me Trevor Cameron and Matt (top row) all secretly stole water balloons to explode on people before the picture. I forgot that Ian (middle row far right) has muscles and knows how to punch people, don't worry, I'm a fast runner :) We let em off easy the second time. Here's all my pals (well not all of em, most of em) We had a BBQ/yearbook signing/volleyball game. Ian and Matt made some dang good burgers. M

Ya, You Betcha

My family is spread pretty far apart, I currently have 2 brothers in Utah 1 brother and a sister in law in Ohio, 1 brother in DC, and my parents who live in Minnesota. It's pretty rare to have the whole family home, except at Christmas, but as luck would have it, our whole family came home for one reason or another and we got to spend 3 wonderful days up north together at beautiful lake superior. I love Minnesota for so many reasons, one of my favorite things about the land of lakes, is the lakes! My family and I stayed in a little summer home that was right on lake superior. We ate delicious food, went hiking, canoeing, ate at sven and oles pizza and explored some of the sites that surround the lake. The Lake Superior area, or Up North as we call it, is one of my favorite places. Most people don't realize that the moose chair was invented in Minnesota. Split Rock Lighthouse